February 2023 notice: Current officers are slated to hold their positions for a second year. If you are interested in running for one of the officer positions, please contact Sally Faddis.
There is an opening for the position of Social Media Chair, which handles updates and communications to the FHS PTSA FB and IG accounts. If you are interested in this position, please contact Margaret Surridge.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach Sally or Margaret.
The Foothill PTSA, an all-volunteer membership organization made up of parents, students and Foothill educators works on behalf of the entire Foothill community to advocate for academic excellence and enrichment of the educational experience of our students.
The Foothill PTSA supports and enhances the educational experiences of Foothill's students by:
- Providing an organization through which the parents, school, and teacher can work cooperatively
- Supporting the academic needs of the students
- Encouraging school unity through parent, teacher and student participation
- Supporting effective, school-wide communications
- Providing financial support for programs not funded by the annual school budget
The Foothill PTSA is an affiliate of the National PTA.
As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, we rely on the generous donations of our members and the Foothill community. You can help by becoming a member of the PTSA and by making a donation to our Foothill Enrichment Fund. Throughout the year, we hope to provide more than $60,000 to Foothill, supporting vital services for every student. However, our reach extends far beyond the classroom.
We are your primary link between home and school, providing:
- Electronic communications
- Parent representation on school site and district councils
- Volunteer support for registration, hospitality, office help, graduation, school events and much more
- For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or visit https://capta.org/pta-leaders/run-your-pta/job-descriptions/
Here are some examples of what Foothill PTSA supports or enables
- Funding for Staff and Student-led Grant Requests for:
- Educational resources, apps and supplies
- Professional development for teachers and counseling staff
- Sustainability of Peer Advocates
- Supplies for departments in need
- Swing and Flexible Seating for Special Education
- Innovative and engaging breakout materials for Engineering
- Equipment and supplies for Culinary Arts and Ceramics classrooms
- Novels and professional development for language classes
- Supplies for Health Office
- Theatrical rights for dual campus production
- Cameras and campus security system to help keep our campus safe
- New furniture in C-6 and Library
- Support for Access period resources
- Scholarships for 2- and 4-year college bound seniors
- Hydration Stations so our students have access to refillable chilled/filtered water
- Supplies for Wellness Center including beverages, stress management materials, and tablets
- Technology upgrade for Digital Arts program
- Reflections, a student recognition art program to support student creativity
- Welcome program for students and families new to Foothill
- Principal's Friday Forums so parents receive updates firsthand from principal
- Fundraising efforts via Jersey Mike's Big Game Fundraiser and Amazon Smile
- Project-management and volunteer coordination for Online Registration, Teachers Appreciation Luncheon, and other school activities
- And more!
Questions or comments? Contact the Foothill High School PTSA at firstname.lastname@example.org