Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Some updates to the drop off/pick up procedures in the parking lots have been made this year.
- Stay off your phones while driving. Our student safety is of most importance.
- Do not leave your car unattended in a drop off zone. Park in a stall so that you are not blocking other drivers.
- Do not stop along red curbs to drop off or pick up students. It is illegal to stop at red curbs. Police have been ticketing parents who stop in red zones, such as the ones near the bus stop and right as you enter the drive-thru loop. Tickets for a red zone violation can be as high as $100.
- Students may be dropped off and picked up at white curbs only. There are white curbs in the drive-thru parking lot, in front of the school on Foothill Road and just north/south of the school on Foothill Road. No parking in white zones before and after school. Parking is legal in white zones only as marked and after drop-off and pick-up times.
- Do not block the crosswalk or blue handicapped zone in the loop.
- Remind students who use the outer drop-off/pick-up lane to be extra cautious when crossing traffic to get to the sidewalk.
- Common courtesy: Pull forward, pull forward, pull forward so that other vehicles can enter drive-thru loop or wait in white zones.
Thanks to everyone for reviewing these laws and rules to help traffic move safely and smoothly around our school.