Practice + Fundraiser + Meet Schedule
**Dive team information TBA**
FHS Athletic Clearance must be completed BEFORE you can tryout/begin practicing with the team
Please see link for instructions: https://foothill.pleasantonusd.net/activities-athletics/athletics/athletic-clearance
**Athletes who play in multiple sports need to register for each sport
Fair Share Donation
Please consider making your fair share donation of $400 per swimmer/diver for the 2024 season
This covers only the essential costs of coaching stipends, invitational meets, NCS, State Championships, equipment (lane lines, flags, timing system, etc)
How to donate:
- Checks made payable to "Foothill High School" with "Swim/Athlete's Name" in memo line (can be turned into coaches or office)
- Via credit card by logging into your FHS Webstore Account: https://foothillfalcons.myschoolcentral.com/(S(zj3h35npa4pt2jvlzuakoz3i))/Index.aspx#/1/product/230
THANK YOU in advance for your donation and supporting your swimmers/divers!
Pre Season Powerpoint:
Welcome to the 2024 Swim Season!
STUDENT FIRST, ATHLETE SECOND!
Academic Eligibility: We will follow the school's policy of maintaining a minimum of a 2.0 GPA and no grades of an "F" in the preceding grading period (which includes quarters and semester grades).
Athletic Eligibility: We will do a test-set on the first day of practice. All swimmers must be able to complete a 500 freestyle without stopping to join the team.
- Swimmers are expected to miss no more than 1 afternoon practice per week unless illness/injury/family conflict/academic conflict
- Communication: any and all absences must be communicated directly with Coach Ali BEFORE the absence, and not through a teammate
- Dual Sport Athletes: If you participate in sports other than swimming (ex: club water polo, dance, cheer, etc.) please communicate with Coach Ali if you are unable to make the minimum attendance requirements.
- Club Swimmers: Although are not required to attend Foothill's practices if practicing with club team, club swimmers are always welcomed and highly encouraged to practice with Foothill whenever they can!
- **Remember, the effort you put in is what you will get out...dedicating yourself to practice will set you up for success at the meets!
- Equipment is not required however highly recommended! All swimmers are encouraged to have paddles, buoy, and fins (team kick boards are provided!)
- We will use fins EVERY DAY!
- All gear needs to be on deck at the start of practice. Gear can be stored at the pool deck, encourage swimmers to get a mesh bag to store all equipment in.
- You are expected to attend ALL meets. Missing a meet for any reason besides illness/injury/family conflict/academic conflict can result in dismissal from the team
- You must email Coach Ali at least 1 week before the meet if you have a known conflict; notifying less than 24 hours before a meet for an unexcused absence can result in dismissal from the team!
- If you are sick the day of the meet, you need to let Coach Ali know before the start of warmups.
- If you do not show up for a meet and do not notify any of the coaches, you will be on probation and/or dismissed from the team
- **If you are not racing, you are cheering for your teammates!!
- Swimmers will show up on the pool deck and check in with Coach Ali or Coach Kylie, change as soon as dismissed from calss
- Swimmers must stay until the end of the meet to help clean up, tarp the pool, cheer on teammates, etc.
- Parents, we will need volunteers to help time, run the snack bar, set up, clean up, etc. A Sign-Up Genius will be sent prior to the meet to volunteer. Huge thanks in advance to all parents!!
- Swimmers will check out with Coach Ali or Coach Kylie on the side loop (near band room) at the required dismissal time. Dismissal times will be posted on schedule and reminders will be sent out week of the meet
- If you do not check out with a coach, you will be on probation and/or dismissed from the team
- When arriving at the meet, get changed and ready for warm-ups
- Swimmers are NOT allowed to drive themselves unless they have filled out the proper paperwork to do so
- You are responsible for finding a ride to and from the meet
- Swimmers must notify Coach Ali 2 weeks prior to EBALs that they will not be attending, or their varsity letter may be jeopardized
Varsity Letter Eligibility
- Swimmer must swim at ALL meets and compete at the Varsity level at any ONE of the meets.
- Seniors will letter regardless of if they have competed at the varsity level at a meet
- Swimmers attend minimum practice requirements
- Swimmers meet school academic eligibility requirements
Swimmers may be placed on probation from the team for the following:
Failure to notify coaches they will not attend a meet at least 1 week prior (2 weeks prior for EBALs
Failure to communicate directly with coaches before any absence
Failure to check in with coaches after being dismissed from class for all swim meets
- Swimmers who are on probation from the team will be ineligible to compete in relays and/or the varsity level for 2 weeks
- You must display good sportsmanship and be respectful to other athletes on the team, coaches, school faculty, other students at Foothill, and all individuals at the schools we compete against
- When you are at practice, meets, or a team outing, you represent the team and our school, Consider your actions on and off the pool deck
- Win and lose with grace!! be the first person to shake your opponent's hands after your race, win or lose.
- LETS HAVE A GREAT SEASON FALCONS!!!
Head Coach: Ali Smith
Hey Falcons! This will be my 3rd season coaching at Foothill, 2nd as Head Coach. I grew up in Pleasanton, started my youth swimming career with FAST Dolphins and ended with PVC. I swam all 4 years of high school and graduated from Foothill in 2018. While in high school, I started my own private swim lesson business to share my passion for the sport of swimming with others. After high school, I went on to study Criminal Justice and Business at the University of Nevada, Reno and swam with several masters swim teams. I still swim and compete in meets today, as well as coach for the PVC Dolphins. In addition to coaching, I am also a full time Account Executive in software sales. Can't wait for another amazing season, go Falcons!!
Assistant Coach: Kylie Coburn
Hi! I'm Coach Kylie. I've been swimming for 16 years, 4 of those at Foothill and the rest at a variety of gold medal clubs, including Pleasanton Seahawks. I specialize in swimming long distance, and currently swim the 500 freestyle and more at an intercollegiate level.
2024 Meet Schedule:
Friday, March 8: Time Trials w/ Amador @ HOME
Volunteer Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AA5A623A1FF2-47329094-time
Friday, March 15: Foothill v. Livermore @ HOME
Volunteer Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AA5A623A1FF2-47329413-home
Saturday, March 16: Hawk Invite @ Las Positas College
Friday, March 22: Foothill v. Dublin @ HOME
Volunteer Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AA5A623A1FF2-47329432-home
Wednesday, March 27: Foothill v. Granada @ GRANADA
Friday, April 19: Foothill v. Amador @ HOME **senior night**
Volunteer Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AA5A623A1FF2-47329431-home
Friday, April 26 - Saturday, April 27: EBALs @ DVHS **Friday - Varsity Trials** **Saturday - JV & Varsity Finals**
Volunteer Sign Up: COMING SOON
Friday, May 3 - Saturday, May 4: NCS @ Concord Community Pool **Friday - Trials** **Saturday - Finals**
Volunteer Sign Up: COMING SOON
Friday, May 10 - Saturday, May 11: State Championships @ Clovis **Friday - Trials** **Saturday - Finals**
Volunteer Sign Up: COMING SOON